Tuesday 13 September 2011

Hills, laser guns, sheep, wellies and a whole lot of mud... best 2 days at Carlingford :)

Just got back from Carlingford, the cutest little town in Co. Louth, and I'm ready to collapse with the tiredness.
I woke up at 6am (so proud of myself) on Monday morning and the bus left at 7. Everyone was absolutely buzzing on the bus :) and we got there at around 9.
After dropping our bags off (filled with a lot of food and tracksuit bottoms) we were giving THE MOST attractive full body suits ever. Then we were divided in 2. Half of us went off to do group activities and the rest went to the forest and played, quite possibly, the most epic game - LASERS. Well, they were actually laser guns and we had these things in our heads which our opponents had to shoot. I honestly took it very seriously and for a second I felt as though I belonged in the army ;).  Blues won three times out of four so hard luck reds :P
Then, after a much needed helping of sausages *drool*, chips and beans, the 2 groups switched activities.
Although nothing could live up to the lasers, the group activities were pretty fun :). Except for that trek up to the field that they were being held! They included things like finding our way out of a pitch black maze which was 3 floors and crossing muddy water with 4 planks of wood. It was still fun though! Dinner was a surprisingly tasty spaghetti bolognese :P
When we were staying at Carlingford there was also a guys school from Drogheda and I guess you could say we made...friends? (oooo friiieeeennds)...with them. We spent the night all crammed into the common room together and had ourselves a little sing song :P. There was even a fire lighting! We had to leave the common room at 11.20 though and head to our rooms :(. I was really happy with my room and I really liked the people in it with me :D (we had good auld bant before we went to bed).
Next morning we started off with rock climbing and ab sailing! It was so much fun!! :D It took awhile to get used to it but it really wasn't that hard. There was about 5 different courses up the mountain... if you could even call it that :P I even did one blind folded! Then we did ab sailing and take it from me it's kinda scary walking down a mountain face backwards :/ But I'd do it again in a hearbeat :) Next was orienteering. Lets just say, my legs have never hurt so much! Hill after hill, huge muddy puddles, a confusing map and a path on the mountain which was entirely made up of sheep poo. It took so long but was still good.
When we got back we made a quick trip to Candyford - the sweet shop in the town.
But then it was time to go home and with our bags packed we hopped on the bus and said farewell to 2 pretty eventful days :'(
I don't think any of us will ever forget our Carlingford experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment