Tuesday 27 March 2012

Work Experience the Final Day :(

My last day at adidas Area North :(
Seeing as my flight home was around 12, I only had a bit over an hour of work today. There was really only one job that I had to do - present my power point of "My Evaluation of adidas on Manchester's High Street". As I mentioned before, there was a change of plan yesterday. Instead of working on my presentation all day, I visited a creative agency in Leeds. This meant that I had only 2 slides done! Also, I went out with my aunt, uncle and cousin last night for dinner so we didn't get home until late so there wasn't much time. I stayed up until 12 finishing my presentation (dedication I know) This was really experiencing the world of work - working hard to reach a deadline.
At around 10 the following morning I went into my aunts office to present my project. She is the head of the Trade Marketing team and that morning was the only time when she felt more like a boss than an aunt. I was so nervous and I hoped my presentation was good enough because my aunt is amazing at her job and I didn't want to disappoint her.
Things went well, thank god. I spoke well-ish and she was really surprised by how professional my power point was. I had included all the information and pictures that I had gotten on Wednesday in Manchester city and I had put a lot of effort into the whole look of my presentation. Overall my aunt said that my presentation was really good and professional and that I seemed to know what I was talking about. I was so so pleased of myself! Looks like I am a natural trade marketer ;)
After saying my good byes and thank yous to the rest of the Trade Marketing Team, I got a taxi to the airport headed home. Although, my flight was delayed by an hour -_- grrr

I will never forget my week of work experience at adidas Area North. I learnt so much - how to communicate with new people, the ins and outs of marketing, the different areas of marketing, computer skills, organisation skills and that I honestly have a huge interest in marketing! These lessons will stay with me for a lifetime... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment