Thursday 29 March 2012

My beats per minute will never be the same...

Last night we had our annual school Music Night and well...it didn't go fantastically to say the least :/

Seeing as Fódla have a different music teacher than the other 2 classes, we did not join in in singing 'Shake It Out' - unfortunately. Instead we did Wham's 'Wake Me Up'. Bitta George Michael. WHAM JAM!
When we started rehearsing it was atrocious. But over the past week or so, it really truly came together and sounded pretty good. We also had some amazing dance moves - I got jiggy with it and I'm not ashamed to say it.
Then about 20 mins before we were due to go on stage last night we did another rehearsal and it sounded great. We were all excited and nervous to go on stage and perform. Things went downhill from there...

When we got on stage and the song finally played it just flopped! Yeah, it was waaay better than our rehearsals but compared to the performance we did right before it wasn't the greatest. Oh and I forgot to add that no one in Fódla is a singer - the other 2 classes were blessed with all of them.

At least its over and done with now and we never have to deal with it again! I suppose it was fun but for someone who has ZERO musical ability, I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon.

Until my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment