Thursday 22 March 2012

Work Experience Day 3

This was possibly the most beneficial day of the entire week. I went into Manchester city with Will, the intern in Trade Marketing. The objective of the day was for me to analyse and evaluate adidas on Manchester's High Street. I had to go to all the stockists of adidas and study adidas' share of space (SOS), point of sales (POS), use of creatives (basically the advertisements/posters) and the general display of adidas products. That probably sounds like gobbledygook and thats what it was like for me at the start of the week but by Tuesday I knew aaaall the lingo!
I got a taxi into the city at 10am (woo lie in!) That was heaven because I was used to getting up at 6.45am.
We went into Debenhams first. I had to take note of the amount of adidas logos used (POS) and I had to count the amount of gondolas and bays that adidas products take up (SOS). Gondolas are the standing units that hold clothes and bays are the wall mounted units that hold clothes. I also had to take pictures to put on my power point presentation.
We visited JJB Sports, Sweatshop, Sports Direct, Next Sports and evaluated there too. For lunch we went to NANDO'S! (my choice) Got my usual: Chicken Butterfly, Garlic Bread and Chips with PERI PERI salt (om-freaking-nom). I had a total of 3 Nando's that week. NO REGRETS.
I left the city at 4 o'clock and headed home - I was collapsing with the tiredness.

Out of all the days, this was probably the day when I worked the hardest. My notebook was absolutely filled with notes and I took over 100 photos! I really enjoyed the day and I was proud of my work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment