Tuesday 27 March 2012

Work Experience Day 4

The original plan for today was for me to stay in the office and work on my power point presentation on "My Evaluation of adidas on Manchester's High Street", but instead I drove to Leeds with two of the Trade Marketing Team. It's an hour and a half away from Manchester and we went there to visit the creative agency called name. A creative agency work for adidas and create the posters, free standing units etc that are used instore and install them too.
I sat in on meetings about the London 2012 Olympic and the adidas Originals line (fashion clothes). I loved today because I really have an interest in the more creative and artistic side of marketing seeing as art is my favourite subject. They five name employees that we met with were really friendly and so easy to talk to :) They took the two members of the trade marketing team and myself out for lunch in a reeeally nice Italian restaurant. I got a margherita pizza (original, I know). Then after a quick round up we headed home.

                                           An example of a creative designed and installed by name.
            
I found today really eye opening because I saw another side of marketing - a more artistic side. As I've always looked into marketing as a future career, I thought that today was really interesting.

Only one day left :(

No comments:

Post a Comment