Wednesday 23 November 2011

Work Experience Day 2

Okilly Dokilly, finished Day 2 of Work Experience at Blanchardstown Garda Station and it was another amazing day ^_^
It didn't start till 1.30 pm cause we would be finishing really late so I had a delectable lie in! <3 :) ugh yeah. So anyways, got on the bus at 1.30, had the usually bus bant with my fellow TYs on Work Experience then arrived at the Garda Museum right beside Dublin Castle in the city centre. I had heard about the museum but I was actually surprised by how big it was and by how much artefacts were in it! It was spread over 3 floors and let me tell you, those spiral staircases were HELL. But the museum was really interesting. Some of the old uniforms made me roflol. We were also given sheets that had a fact file about a particular person, significant to the history of An Garda Síochána, on them and we had to read aloud about the person we were. I was Dr. Herman Goertz, a German spy during the War of Independence in Ireland. woo hoo. ICH LIEBE DICH. Then lunch :P
Back on the bus and off to RTÉ studios in Donnybrook. It was soooo amazing :o RTÉ is so cool inside :D I was tripping, bro. We were shown the studio where The Late Late Show, The Frontline and (more importantly to us) Crimecall is made. Aaaaaaand Grainne Seoige waved at me!! She waved at me, people!! Waved!! At me!! Apologies, but I personally feel very privileged. We were told how Crimecall asks the public to help solve crimes and how the set works by one of the producers of the show. We had a few minutes left afterward so we walked over to the outside set where Fair City is filmed.
And then, unfortunately it was home (after some more bus banter)

Bringing Day 2 of my Work Experience to a close.
And I'm once again, gagging for a bit more (unce).

No comments:

Post a Comment