Tuesday 25 October 2011

It was a daaarlin' day... a daaarlin' day

I'm haven't blogged in ages D: nooooo
I do believe its time for a much needed blog :)

Last Wednesday, 19th October, all of TY went into town (Dublin) for the whole day. Might I add it was one of the best things in TY so far :)
After another fun bus trip (buzzin wih evry1), Fodla went to the National Library first. It was basically a room with a lot of touch screens and posters with information on them - if it was the National Library, where the books? o.O We also had a worksheet to do -_- FUUUN
Next, was the National History  Museum ... 5 steps away. This was sooo good :D Spent the time sitting in fireplaces, gagging at Bog Bodies and pretending to wear torcs (celtic necklaces) Strangely, I wanna go there again. Me and Fiona also spent our time browsing the gift store for farmer hats, kids toys and crosses. Back into the point about bog bodies - yes they were disgusting but it was so weird and yet amazing that their hair was in perfect condition!! :o
Lastly, we went to a W. B. Yeats exhibition, which I suppose was good... it was definitely interesting seeing as I studied Yeats for my Junior Certificate. :)

Then LUNCHTIME :D :D and a trip to Mc Donalds :P onomnomnomnom <3
I got chocolate milkshake, double cheeseburger, 6 chicken nuggets, fries and twisty fries ... heaven

After, it was time for the reason we came to town - Sean O'Casey's 'Juno and the Paycock'.
It was AMAZING! I've never been to a proper play (Wicked doesn't count) but I'm seriously considering going to more soooooon! The set was so realistic and there was so much attention to detail - they cooked real sausages on stage and the audience could smell them!!!! Not to mention the acting - my favourite actors were Jerry, Mrs Madigan and of course ... Johnny <3 played by the swoon inducing Ronan Rafferty

All in all, it was such a good day :D and theres some pretty entertaining pictures to go with it ;)

UM YEAH BYE.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, this is pretty good probably my favorite out of all of you're blogs. The National library sound really awesome, that sounds like my kinda library! Well actually I take that back, a worksheet doesn't sound that great. Also, you're so lucky McDonalds... I'm so jealous I've never been there for a field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely recommend going there if you're ever in Dublin!
    Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete