Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Best Day of my Life...

Thursday, 23rd February, 2012: You can guess from the title that this was a pretty amazing/fantastic/awesome/mindblowing day!!
The school bank - Super €uros - which is ran by TYs (Caitriona, Aoife, Fiona, Sarah B and Elizabeth) was launched. The bank began around October and since then it has grown steadily. I am a member and proud to say it!
The girls are going to be competing against other school banks at a competition in a few weeks time and will be in with the chance of winning really good prizes. The launch is a huge part of the running of the bank so it was crucial for it to be a success.
The day of the launch, all the bank members we're super busy and getting really stressed. Me and Daloo helped them set up in the hall. We blew up balloons then painted the all important bank poster for them. That poster actually took ages! Me and Daloo were literally running around in such a panic trying to get it finished. We painted the Superman symbol  with a '€' in the centre rather than a 'S' on a blue background with red writing saying "Super €uro's Bank Launch". The bank girls were really happy with it but being the perfectionists that we are, myself and Daloo thought it could improve. :L
Seeing as we were helping out, me and Daloo were the first to arrive at the launch which meant that we got RIGHT in front of the stage. "A stage?" you say. YES a stage! And that is because there was going to be some very special guests at the launch...
The rest of the bank members came running in and swarmed around the stage (exactly why I was glad that I got there early). Finally the first special guest was introduced on stage - Johnny Doyle!! :D The Kildare gaelic football player. He made a speech about how saving in time like this is important... he's so motivational :') And after he cut a ribbon to symbolise the official opening of the bank.
Then Caitriona (she is the manager) came back onto the stage to introduce the next special guests. It went something like this:
Caitriona: I would like to introduce -
Audience (Me especially): Wooo!
Caitriona: Our next guests -
Audience (Again, me especially): WOOO!
Caitriona: The Original Rudeboys.
Audience (Ok, all me this time): WOOOO-ohmigawd-OOOOO! ^_^
Yes, believe it or not, Sarah B managed to get THE ORIGINAL RUDEBOYS to come to our school! For ages I've absolutely loved them (they even replied to me on Twitter!). Then, out they came onto the stage - one word...PHWOAR ♥♥♥. Neddy, Sean and Rob looked pretty darn gooood. (My reaction: Daaaaammmmmn!)
They performed 4 songs in total and I was belting out the words because I have no self respect. After I got loads of hugs from them and they signed my poster and my arm (I was the only one who got that lol). I even had a chat with them after! They were so nice :)

So yeah, that was honestly the best day! All thanks to The Original Rudeboys ... :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment